Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Vinyl: Bauhaus

Guess who took a trip down to the record store this weekend? There aren't many surviving ones even in the Orlando area, but Rock and Roll Heaven still stands. Their Goth/Industrial section is unfortunately a little lacking. Generally there's the typical Cure, Siouxsie, Sisters, Bauhaus, Christian Death and maybe some Alien Sex Fiend, The Smiths, Nine Inch Nails, and Fields of the Nephilim. The "Various" bin doesn't often have anything I recognize, which gives me some new music to look up ^^

I never have the money to actually buy the lovely vinyls I want, but this time my dad decided to treat me to my first actual record. After much consideration.... *drumroll*




Why not go with a classic? I do have an immense fondness for Bauhaus that almost rivals my passion for The Cure. Well, not really. I was actually looking for any Specimen, but no luck.



It's an unofficial release of live recordings. AND IT'S SO GOOD. I put it on dad's record player and sat in the office for the duration of the record with a big smile on my face. I think I might have gotten my dad into Bauhaus actually. He normally likes all things electronic. House music is his big thing. But he claims to have "A new-found appreciation for Bauhaus" and we've gone through the record a few times together. *sigh* I should have lived through the 80s...

Ok, so the quality isn't the best. There are a few places with a bit of distortion. However I think it was worth buying for sure. And look at how many songs there are :3

So yeah,  I have a Bauhaus record.




What about you guys? What was your first record? Your favorite record? Any fun stories to share?

1 comment: