Sunday, June 17, 2012

Band Feature~ Uninvited Guest

  

Uninvited Guest is a UK act that formed in 2002. I'm not going to be nit-picky and go into sub genres and the like so the best way to describe them would be Glam Goth.

Their first album called Faith in Oblivion was released in 2005.The album was described as "an eclectic blend of Gothic glamour melded with symphonic, electro industrial rock".  A few songs have anti-religious sentiments and/or a bleak view on humanity.  (Just a fair warning. It's not anything blatantly offensive or anything. I don't know about any of your views so better safe than sorry ^^)

Their second album, Malice in Wonderland is even more bizarre. Their quirky, dark, sometimes aggressive, sometimes strangely sweet, and atmospheric sound carries through for a very strong performance. While the fantastical element to their music is still prominent a few songs such as 'Abigail' and 'The Law of the Playground' touch on real life issues and leave no question as to what they're talking about.

The visuals of the band are just as important as the musical aspect. They take a lot of pride in putting together creative outfits that are loud and unique.

I would give you a better description of the members and music and influence and such, but it's nearly impossible to find good information about them on the internet. To be honest I don't even remember how I found out about them! ^^  So here's a few examples of their music.
 


 How about a song dedicated to Whitby Gothic Weekend?


Or a song performed at Whitby Gothic Weekend? ^^



Uninvited Guest certainly isn't your typical Goth band. You'll love them or hate them. And if you end up loving them you'll hate me for telling you that they've disbanded indefinitely until further notice. I know, I know! Don't you just hate it when that happens? However, I hope you enjoy the two albums they released.


2 comments:

  1. Instant new love for Uninvited Guest, this is awesome... as if I need more albums on my 'to buy' list ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have so much music to buy and absolutely no money ^^ And I was so sad to learn that they had broken up, considering I had heard news of a possible new album before that. T.T

      Delete