Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cyanide and Happiness

I'm exhausted, but FCAT is over!
 
Now I've only got EOC exams and finals to study for... >.<

On the bright side, we get to pick our classes for next year soon! AP psych, ceramics and  photography have all filled up with upperclassmen so I have no idea what I'm going to do for my last elective...I wanted something fun and artsy dammit! If picking peoples' brains apart wasn't an option. We'll see how it goes, maybe I'll get lucky and there'll be an opening.

The middle school bands used the high school for their concert today, so I stayed behind to help out. I was squeeing all over the cute little bandlings! They're just so short and adorable. One of them was carrying a tuba almost his size...poor kid... I was surrounded by white tuxedo shirts and the whole time my brain kept shouting "Remember those? Remember how awful they were? Remember?" Oh nostalgia...

And the reactions? Priceless. Wide eyed looks and more than a few jaws dropping. My old band teacher's new greeting for me nowadays is "Megan, what are you wearing?" which irks me, but I deal. Normally my response is along the lines of "Um, clothes?" Which apparently she doesn't appreciate. As I was helping clean up, I swear I heard one of the 6th graders whisper to his friend "Look, its a goth!" Because apparently we're a species of wild animal? I've never been called an 'it' before but hey, there's a first time for everything.

 I don't necessarily like attention but I accepted the fact a long time ago that I'm going to get it. People are naturally curious. When they see something different or out of the ordinary, they stare. Rude? Yes. Expected? Well, that too. And I'll admit to doing the same thing. I'm guilty! Once, I saw this Lolita girl working at DSW shoes. I was too afraid to approach her and ask where she got her dress, so I ended up hiding behind a shoe rack and spying on her for half an hour. (I really need to work on my social skills don't I?)

So, negative attention. Most of us deal with it and it sucks. That's really all there is to say. But when I get positive attention it makes it that much more important to me. Most people don't appreciate alternative style, so when some stranger stops me to tell me they love my skirt or my boots or my outfit it makes me more happy than anything. Its not like they're telling me they like my Abercrombie shirt. (You know, the one everyone has, just in a different color?) They're telling me that they like my aesthetic for being what it is, different. That they don't mind someone being different and reflecting that in their look. And it makes me all fuzzy inside :3

My best friend sent me this comic to, well apparently to cheer me up after a long day. It did make me laugh... Nervously.


O.o"

Should I be scared? Should I run? She has a tendency to threaten people with pencils when irritated...or is that me? Heh...

Anyway, this webcomic is called Cyanide and Happiness and its the perfect combination of cynical humor and sadistic fun. You should check it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment