|Everyone, meet Snagglefang.|
How I did it
- Roll string into a small ball. Then start winding in different directions until the head is the size you want it. You'll need a bit of patience, it's difficult in the beginning. It gets much easier as the ball increases in size. I advise putting some music on or the TV to help pass the time.
- I got a bit lazy here. I suppose you could make the body entirely out of string. I shaped a piece of clay into the body and then started wrapping the string around that until it was covered by a few layers.
- For the arms I broke a toothpick into the right length and stuck it through the body. Then I wrapped string around both ends.
- The legs were done separately around clay like the body.
- Paint the parts any colors you'd like. This is only if you're unfortunate like me and could only find pink string when you needed white and black.
- Glue the individual parts together with hot glue.
- Paint on or stick pins in for the eyes. Paint any other features you'd like.
- Clothes and accessories! Not to mention, hair. For this guy I cut a triangle of felt for the widow's peak. The cape is also felt and it was made in two parts. (The collar and bottom part.) I also added a little piece of black fabric around the neck to hide where some hot glue seeped through.
|A Grim Reaper. I need to clean the hot glue off of him...|
|This one is my favorite. He's like a little deathrocker! ^^|
I'm planning on doing a pirate, a cyclops-bat creature, a romantigoth (with a little top hat), Tahno, and The Joker. I'd like to attempt a lil' Robert Smith and a Jareth one but those are a little more difficult what with the hair. What I'd really like to do is an 80s era Dave Vanian doll, but I don't even know where to start with that hair. I mean, what would I use?