Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween Horror Nights 2012

Well, I'm going to start out by saying that while it wasn't as good as last year's event it was still really fun. The best houses were probably Silent Hill, Gothic, and House of Horrors.  We were smart to go on a Sunday so the lines weren't very long (We waited an hour for The Walking Dead and that was the longest.) which meant we were able to get to all of the houses. The Walking Dead was a bit disappointing and while the Penn and Teller was amusing it wasn't very scary. Dead End was pretty good and I really liked Alice Cooper.

I was a bit disappointed in the moving scarezones to be honest. It was difficult to meet them all and I missed the effort that normally goes into the scenery of the stationary ones. Of course, I can say that now, but in reality I still screamed so much that I'm barely able to talk today. (And my scream...it's unfortunately high pitched, and only attracts other monsters looking for a victim ^^)

Here are a few pictures we managed to get! Nothing is very scary in the daylight of course, (It was light for about the first hour) but everything becomes much more terrifying at night. We also seemed to mostly get pictures of the skeletons...in reality there were many more different kinds of creatures roaming around.

The entrance to the event.

Time to plan our strategy.

A little useful info.

It's amazing how well they can blend in when they want ^^


Standing on those looks extremely difficult...




About halfway through the night we went to Starbucks.
The scareactors invaded unexpectedly.

A couple with matching makeup.

Changing shifts behind a house.
They're covered in cloaks so you can't see what they look like.



The entrance to Alice Cooper.



Mist? Check. Blue light? Check. Chainsaws? Check.

I loved this guy so much ^^

Overall, I had a great time and I'm already looking forward to next year. I bought an Alice Cooper shirt to add to my HHN collection and enough candy to last till Halloween so I'd say it was a fairly successful night ^^



No comments:

Post a Comment