Sunday, October 21, 2012

Halloween Baking

Well at this point everyone is probably getting into the Halloween Spirit! (If not drowning in it...) What better way to celebrate than baking a few spooky goodies? I love baking and I try to do something different every weekend, which means lots of opportunities for Halloween treats. I browsed the interwebz for a while and came up with some ideas! Not all of them are treats, there are a few ideas for appetizers in here too.


Bats! I love bats!

I'm not sure how to go about accomplishing this, but I'm going to find out.






Now this is just adorable.

I showed these to my mom and she grimaced. I think they look lovely! ^^

Classic pumpkin bars may look a little boring, but they're delicious.




I guess I had better get started! ^^

On a final note.

Doctor Who.

Someone please get me another box of tissues because the emotional impact this show has had on me is reaching its breaking point.


I don't think I've ever watched a show that's made me feel so much. (And no, it's not because it's every sci-fi nerd's dream nor because I've fallen in love with the magnificence that is David Tennant.) This show just has a way of grabbing on to your heart strings and yanking. I love everything. The settings, the stories, the characters...even the Daleks! And frankly, they are pretty much unlovable. If you haven't started this show you need to. I suggest starting with the 9th or 10th doctor. You can always go back to the classical era once you've caught up. But it's worth it.

Personally, I'm going to be devastated when I see Tennant's last episode, (I have 5 left...) but I've heard really good things about Matt Smith so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Plus... bowties are cool ^^

7 comments:

  1. Ok, this is going to sound terrible but I work at a Subway and how we make long sandwiches like that is we put short sandwiches together to make one large one. What you will want to do is make a sub sandwich and then cut off the ends and save those for the head and tail. Just keep doing that until you have the desired size of the snake. Hopefully that rambling made sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually really really helpful. Thank you! :D

      Delete
  2. xxxx little darkling xxxxOctober 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM

    David Tennant! He was Barty Crouch Jr in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!!!!! I love that book/film the best, because of Cedric there's Hufflepuff pride!!! And the Yule ball. And the Triwizard tournament! And... Ahem. Obsessive potter-nerding here, sorry!

    Hufflepuff is great for goths, just wear yellow with your black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back and re-watched that movie as soon as I recognized him! ^^ He's such a great actor. I went through all of his seasons of Doctor Who in record time XD (Which probably wasn't so smart considering how much heartache I crammed into that week) I like Matt Smith as Eleven, but I just can't get into him while I'm still pining after Ten </3

      And I'm a Slytherin myself. It's great because I love black, green, and silver together :)

      Delete
    2. xxxx little darkling xxxxOctober 26, 2012 at 3:58 AM

      Doctor Who, admittedly does scare me (yes, I'm a BIG wimp!) so I've never watched it. But David Tennant is an amazing Barty Jr! Yay!

      Have you ever seen we R Slytherin by not literally on YouTube? They also have an awesome Sorted this way for 'Puffs! I do like Bellatrix, she has amazing fashion sense! Why yes, I do own an I served time in Azkaban T-shirt (from the real live LEAVSTEN STUDIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

      Oh gosh. I keep potter heading. Must...stop...
      ;-D

      Delete
    3. I've gotten scared by a few of the episodes too XD The effects may be cheesy sometimes, but the stories can be terrifying ^^

      And no I haven't seen that, I'll go look it up later :) But please, you can potterhead as much as you want. Considering how much I fangirl over things we're equally guilty ;)

      Delete
    4. xxxx little darkling xxxxOctober 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM

      Urgh, I got to 5 mins of Doctor Who once, freaked out and turned it off. There was this head, in a box aaaaarrrgghh!!! *shudder*

      Yayyyyy! Potter heading good ;-) Tonks is a good style influence!

      Delete