Wednesday, February 20, 2013

All Dressed Up with Nowhere to Go

Well, except school that is. I just woke up with this inexplicable urge to get really dressed up today, no occasion necessary. Of course, it would be nice to have such an occasion, but I'll make due with classes. And the shallow want of compliments from my wonderful friends. I've only worn this jacket once so I thought it was time to dig it out of my closet and pair it with my favorite (and only)  poofy dress.  I don't go over the top a lot because let's face it, the more goth you look, the more attention you're going to get, positive and negative. I've always been a reserved person, and I don't really appreciate a lot of said attention, but over the years I've grown a thick skin and come to appreciate compliments even more when they're given.  So on occasion, I put on a brave face and wear something really fun because you shouldn't let people's opinions stop you from wearing what you like.


I have no idea why I don't wear this jacket more.

 If you're wondering if my hair looks a little floofier than normal that's because I crimped it yesterday, and now have this lovely texture left over to work with. I love how malleable my normally pin straight and uncooperative hair became after I crimped it so you can expect to see my hair like this more often.


I'm not sure if you can tell, but I have a small pustule just on the edge of my nose piercing. When it first popped up I fell into complete despair because my mom told me when I got my piercing that if it became infected I would be paying for antibiotics, and trust me when I say I don't have that kind of money. I did some research though and to my utter relief it turned out it was hypertrophic scarring. Which made perfect sense because I had snagged my piercing and yanked it really hard (and very painfully) a few day prior. The trauma would have been enough to cause it, and it's fairly common from what I can tell. I kept cleaning with sea salt like normal and started putting diluted tea tree oil on it at night and it's already receded a lot. Another week and I expect it to be gone completely.

Let's see... My new Docs showed up and I've begun the oh so fun process of breaking them in. (With only a few blisters as casualties) I've also started reading Terry Pratchett's Discworld series which is a bit daunting considering the 30+ books, but I've decided that if I were a "hero" Rincewind would probably be me and I've formed a severe attatchment to Death, who has a wonderful habit of talking in SMALL CAPS and is absolutely hilarious. The books are so full of satire I couldn't possibly put them down if I tried.

And finally, take a look at my nails! My mom got me these for Christmas and you can't even tell that they're stickers. They're fantastic, now even my fingernails have fishnets.






7 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous jacket! I go over the top a LOT, but amazingly I have never gotten any negative attention at all and a lot of positive attention from little old ladies (go figure!).

    I wish I could enjoy how Terry Pratchett writes... That series sounds so wonderful and strange and geeky and epic, but I just can´t love it for some reason... :¨(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I dress up for boring classes too! Sometimes (read: all the time) you just need that spice that dressing up brings!

      Delete
    2. Thank you :D I generally get more positive than negative attention thankfully because dressing up is so much fun ^^ And it took me a while to get into the first book, but somehow I got dragged in, and now I'm trapped XD

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I am SO sorry. I went to respond and ended up deleting this and I can't seem to put it back >.< I feel like such a klutz XD But thank you very much :D and I'm sorry to hear about your crimper because they're awfully fun to have ^^

      Delete
  3. Oh wow this outfit is amazing! Been following your blog for a while now and I must say I love the black hair on you very much!

    As for docs what I do is wear a few pairs of socks and then I put plasters on my ankles and heels before they even have the chance to get cut for extra protection!

    Love the nails.

    Rebecca :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! And I definitely need to start wearing at least some thicker socks because I've already got a few blisters XD

      Delete