Saturday, September 8, 2012

DeviantArtist Feature~ AbigailLarson

Remember when I did one of these a few months ago on CountANDRA? Well I have quite a few artists I'd like to feature on here and the next one in line is AbigailLarson.

Here are a few pieces of info from her Deviantart.

What do you use to make your artwork?
I use Winsor & Newton watercolor paints, Arches hot press watercolor paper, Strathmore drawing paper, mechanical pencils, and Adobe Photoshop Elements to make my pieces.

Who are your inspirations?
I adore the work of Arthur Rackham, Edward Gorey, Edmund Dulac, John Bauer, Dr. Seuss, Maurice Sendak, Tony DiTerlizzi, Chris Riddell, Gris Grimly, and hundreds of others. I'm not only inspired by painters, but also musicians, film makers, and writers.

Do you have a(n) artbook/novel/comic book/something I can physically hold with your work in it?
"Midnight Phantasmagory" was just released, and I have two pieces in that, as well as "Spectrum:18" which you can order on Amazon.com. I'm working on several books right now, so it's going to be a while before anything is finalized and released, but I'll certainly let the world know when that happens!











This is the link to her DeviantArt
She has her website here.
Her facebook page is located over yonder.
And her shop is found here.

1 comment: