Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Black and Red Week Day 3~ Album Art



I told you I'd have to get creative this year! I've been digging around in my closet and have only found one other "red" object to use for tomorrow, save for the dress I'm wearing on the last day. I have to go out with a bang after all ;)

So today, I'm focusing on music! Here are some albums whose artwork center around red and black. The good thing about most types of alternative music? The alternative people who create it are often very fond of those two colors, and album art that fits the pattern is found in abundance. I went hunting through my music and voila! Prepare yourself for a wall of pictures.















I'd readily recommend all of these albums to people, though I could recommend better ones if only the artists had caved and used red and black in their album art...hmph. When I started my little challenge within a challenge I did mention TV as well as movies, so I think today's viewing will be an attempt to catch up on Hannibal. I'm a few episodes behind and I need to know what's happened since.


Hannibal would like to join in on the event~

8 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! I'm going to listen to my London After Midnight cd in the car tomorrow. A bloody good post, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an inspired take on the theme! That's a lot of red & black album covers... VERY popular color choice for the genre. Of course, my favorite is Sisters of Mercy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Sisters of Mercy are one of my favorites up there as well ;)

      Delete
  3. ah album art... a dying art form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All too true unfortunately. Though, I still think there's a lot of good stuff out there :)

      Delete
  4. That The Cure album is one of my favourites :3 I still need to check out the television adaptation of Hannibal. Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this album on vinyl because it's my favorite :D
      And YES. The show is absolutely brilliant. The dialogue and characters are beyond perfect. It's very gory though, just a warning ^^

      Delete