Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Band Feature~ One Eyed Doll

Well it seems I've caught whatever version of the plague it is that's going around school, so lucky me gets to stay home and lie miserable in bed all day. I'm currently having a horror movie marathon and updating this blog though, so it's not all bad ;) And maybe if I spend a few hours on Dark Souls I might actually beat one more area (after dying 50 times of  course. I swear, this is the hardest game I've ever played. It's great XD)

Anyhoo, I was listening to some music I hadn't heard for a while, (probably a few years even, since it wasn't on my Ipod) and I came upon a band I thought should get some recognition. One Eyed Doll. Of course, quite a few years back I first heard about them through AdventureQuest Worlds (I kid you not. It's actually how I found Voltaire years ago) and back then they had a whole lot less recognition then they do now, but I'm going to go ahead and assume there are still some people out there  that haven't heard of them.

The in-game band XD
The real-life band ~
 One Eyed Doll is a Goth/punk duet that came out of Austin, Texas in 2007. Kimberly does vocals and guitar and Junior is on drums.  They've been described as "Pixies meets Siouxsie meets Hole" and the "bastard laboratory love child of Dresden Dolls meets White Stripes and Marilyn Manson". I've always thought Kimberly's sweet, adorable voice contrasts so well with the heavy, gritty music. I suppose I first liked them because they reminded me a bit of Jack Off Jill, whom I love. There are nine albums out, though only four are under the name One Eyed Doll. Four more are Kimberly Freeman's solo albums and another one is under the name Ghetto Princess. After formation they quickly won quite a few awards and have been featured in several magazines ever since.

And look, Gloomth made a skirt for Kimberly that you can buy~

And now I'll just spam you with some of their music before I go. I need to go check out the last album they released and any songs I might have missed. Hope you enjoy~










No comments:

Post a Comment