Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Resolutions

Well it's that time of the year again! Normally, I don't make New Year's resolutions because I know I'll forget about them within the week and never follow through. This year though, it's going to be different. Instead of calling them resolution I'm going to think of them more as goals and I'm not going to set big, generic goals that I won't ever meet. I'm going to focus on smaller, more personal things. We'll see how many I'm able to get through by the end of the year.

  • Write more. This is really important to me. A lot of times I sit down to write and get sidetracked by other things. Ignoring my writer's block instead of pushing through it is not how I should be doing things. I'm going to write more frequently, even if it's just blogging.
  • Read more! It's hard to find anything that rivals my love of literature. I've been discouraged lately, not being able to find anything in my school library but your average teen paranormal romances. However, I'm going to start visiting the library more frequently to dig around for some new stuff. 
  • Bring up my math grade. I'm not a math oriented person, but I'm still in the highest class for my grade. I don't know what possessed me to take it, (Well actually it was probably stubborn pride) but I'd like to have a B in the class...
  • Learn to manage my stress. School this year is not having a positive effect on my health so I need to relax. My mental health is more important than my GPA.
  • Save up for a pair of Doc Martens. In my last post I showed you guys what happened to my beloved combat boots so I'm in dire need of a new pair. 

  • Buy more accessories.  Considering how much I love to accessorize it's almost blasphemous how little I own.
  • Do something adventurous with my hair. I really want something like this and after I've reached this goal I'm considering a deathhawk.

  • Get my record player set up.
  • Purchase a bike from the 60s. Ever since I rode my grandma's up in Sweden I've really wannted to buy my own. They're just so cute.
  • Go thrifting more often.
  • Get really dressed up and super gothed out to go somewhere. I'm not clubbing age, but I'm sure I can find some occasion.
  • Go to Megacon because I'm a huge nerd. Bonus if I can go as Harley Quinn or Lady Loki.

  • See a favorite band in concert. I have really never been to a concert. It's horrifying. The problem is that so many of my favorites aren't together anymore or don't tour down in Florida. I'm hoping that maybe MCR will tour again soon because they're a modern band I have a chance of seeing ^^

  • Make a bucket list. Why don't I have one of these?
  • Improve my piano playing. I never had lessons, so it's pretty basic at the moment.
  • Learn to use vibrato on my oboe.
  • Start learning Guitar.
  • DIY. Lots of DIY. I need to sew patches onto a bunch of jackets and I want to hand stud my leather one. Then there's a million other projects I have in mind.
  • Come to terms with the possibility of moving and spend more time with my friends while I can. I've already got Harry Potter World at IOA, a few movie nights, and laser tagging set up ^^
  • Improve my self confidence.
  • Figure out a plan for the future. What exactly I want to do when I graduate. Where I want to live.
Obviously, that's a lot of things for me to accomplish, but I think it's manageable. They're all fairly easy for me to achieve, I've just got to stay focused. And now I've got them on this blog to remind me!

What are your New Year's resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. xxxx little darkling xxxxJanuary 2, 2013 at 4:08 AM

    Oh gosh! I feel so bad, I haven't made any yet!
    Might as well make them now!

    Finish my knitting! I really need to get round to it!

    Get a fanfiction account. Yes, I write fanfiction. Lots of it. But I just don't put it on the web, even though I think I should.

    Help a charity. Raise money or something, I just want to help people!

    Grow hair. Very long. Currently, it's about 2 inches past my shoulders, and I want to have it back to wait length, where it was. I miss my super long hair!

    Find more books!I read tonnes, as I read very fast, but I keep going for the same books again and again. I need to find more books, maybe some good (long) ones on Arthurian Legend. (The mists of Avalon is amazing, by the way!)

    Find a craft- and sell on Etsy! I want to make something I'm good at, and enjoy making.-Badges, jewellery and fandom squishes- hard to explain until you see- are things I can do and like, I'll probably do those.

    Well, I'll see how well I do at the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all great things! I would love to write fanfiction, but really I already read too much of it and would rather focus on original things. I'll check out the mists of Avalon, (I remember reading King Arthur in elementary school and loving it) and if you start selling things on Etsy make sure to let me know! I wish I had the time to make things I could sell on there, bu alas I'm too busy. Good luck with your resolutions! :)

      Delete