Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Day Clothing Challenge~Day 11: A Piece of Jewelry That a Grandparent Gave You

We're all saved!

Can I just take this moment to point out that since Romney did not win the election I won't be packing my things and moving to England?  I'm not saying Obama is the cure for everything, but hey, Bush had eight years to screw things up, so I say give Obama eight to try and fix it. Not to mention, he isn't a racist, homophobic, women-hating idiot who would have ended up offending every country known to man. I bet if Romney had won we would have been at war with Canada within the year... *facepalm*

Unfortunately, I'm surrounded by conservatives down here and they're all crying and yelling about the election results. Basically, this is my reaction to the number of people that have said to me because I don't like the current views of the Republican party (And ESPECIALLY Romney) I'm part of the American population that has doomed this country and are betraying God.


Um, have you ever heard of seperation of church and state? We are not a theocracy people. But I'm not going to go on about politics. I spammed everyone on Tumblr enough before the election and that's over and done with. Time to move on! I couldn't pick just one thing I've received from my grandparents, so here are my favorites through process of elimination. I'm not really sure if most of them are even considered "jewelry"  but whatever.

A pocket watch that I'm going to find a chain for and turn into a necklace.

I'm not sure if this counts, but it's a Russian clock(minus the wristband) from the 70s.

Do I have a shirt that requires cufflinks? Nope. But they're really old and I love them.

I have a pair with Viking ships too! I'm not sure where the other one is right now...
And of course, my ankh. Simple and goes with everything.

In other news...
  1. I just read a book called Shadow and Bone. Unfortunately, like almost all YA books out there at the moment it has a love triangle, but the originality of the rest of the book makes up for that. Not to mention, the villain is amazing. So go go read it!
  2. This is completely personal, but my marching band got top marks at the competition we do every year. Straight superiors! We spent all day at the citrus bowl watching the other bands. One of them did Gangham Style. (And it was HILARIOUS) There was a Back to the Future show which made me very happy and then some of the more serious bands were great. (Our show was a New Years theme if you wanted to know. People loved it.) 
  3. DVD releases for the Beetlejuice cartoons are set for 2013!
  4. Young Dracula Season 4 has started up. I've seen the two episodes and I'm really excited.

That's all I have for you this time. Here's the outfit of the day ^^





6 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm from the UK and everyone here seemed to be praying for Obama too ;)

    and I love the pieces you've got from your grandparents! especially the ankh, which reminds me of Death from Sandman in an awesome way. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone is glad he won XD And thank you! I've actually never read Sandman, which is shocking because I know I would love it ^^ I'll get around to it eventually XD

      Delete
  2. xxxx little darkling xxxxNovember 17, 2012 at 9:59 AM

    I know I'm late but... Obama won!!!!! Yesyesyesyes!!!!!!!! (I'm British and this is my reaction, even though it shouldn't affect me at all!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, because I'm even later now! XD I seriously don't know what I would have done if he had won...

      Delete
    2. xxxx little darkling xxxxNovember 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM

      Woah woah woah! I recognise that bedding... In fact, it's on my bed now!

      Delete
    3. Hahaha I have a million different beddings that I switch around in no particular order. My sheets never match because I don't really care how my room looks ^^

      Delete