Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sophistique Noir Theme: Outerwear

 

Oh boy, do I love outerwear. I think my jacket collection is easily reaching for twenty right now, and that's not counting others things like vests. Of course, when I lived in Florida I didn't have much use for all of these jackets. Now though, I've been gleefully enjoying the opportunity to flaunt my wardrobe. The other day I even decided to channel Sherlock a bit.


That jacket is actually stolen from my mother's wardrobe which means I've got limited access to it. Unless I'm very sneaky. The real jacket I'd like to showcase today is one that I bought at Blackfish Apparel downtown. The clothes in there are expensive, so it's going to be one of those 'only when I'm comfortable splurging' stores. Considering I prefer to thrift to save money, those splurging moments aren't going to happen often. Luckily, they were cleaning out their inventory after Christmas and I was able to snatch this jacket for half off.


It's definitely a statement piece, so I've only worn it a few times. It's something a bit more colorful than I'd normally wear, but when I saw the cool patterns on it I just had to get it. This is probably one of the items in my closet that I get complimented on every time I wear it, so I'm really glad I caved that day.


Winter won't be going away for a while, so I'll be taking every opportunity to enjoy my jackets! Here's a bonus pic of the weather I've been dressing for. Living in snow is a fairly new concept to me, but I'm loving it.




16 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I love splurge pieces! :) You look great! I sympathise with the loving outerwear but not having been able to wear it much where you used to live! I live in Australia and I often can't even wear nice little jackets or waistcoats in Summer! It sucks not being able to put together a full outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When it's hot out I'm always so disappointed that I can't even wear a vest without dying >.< and thanks ^^

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love the second jacket, if I were you I would wear it every day! If you think the pattern is too striking you could perhaps throw a huge shawl around your neck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I've been wearing it a lot lately. I like the shawl idea though! :)

      Delete
  3. You are so lucky to like outerwear and have lots of it in your wardrobe. I wish I had the same situation, but for me finding a proper jacket or coat is a real pain in the ass, every single time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have this problem where the sleeves are too short. My arms are pretty long and I don't have itsy bitsy shoulders so it's hard to find things that fit perfectly. I just keep hunting until something finally shows up. My 'collection' has been going for a few years so that's the only reason I have a lot XD
      All I can say is that your best bet is probably thrifting. There's more of a size variety and chance that you'll find something that works :)

      Delete
  4. I like your outfits. Couldn't you add a lace border tothe sleeves if they're too short? I do that all the times, just for decoration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would...but I'm awfully lazy XD I normally just don't buy it if the sleeves are really short and make do if they're borderline. I have considered it though ^^

      Delete
  5. 20? Lol, I have like...5. Tops. And I mean coats, jackets and vests included. Meh...I'm not a jacket / coat - person, I prefer cardigans and big, cosy sweaters. ^^
    Your mom's trenchcoat is pretty, but I have to admit, that the print on the Blackfish Apparel jacket is a bit too much for me. It's one of those things, that I would admire on someone else, but I'd never wear them myself. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackets are my favorite item of clothing so that's why I own so many XD Yeah, I love the coat, but I don't wear it too often because it's very overpowering .

      Delete
  6. AWESOME JACKET!!!! I love jackets with patterns on them, nice to see something different in a coat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! Yes, the pattern being so creative was the reason I ended up buying it despite my meager wallet ^^"

      Delete
  7. I konw the feeling of living in too warm a climate to enjoy outerwear. :( Wow - did you say 20 jackets?? It must be an impressive collection. The Blackfish jacket you've featured is exquisite. It's nice to occasionally splurge on a quality piece that you will truly cherish. Usually those pieces are also excellent quality, so they are an investment that will stay with you for the long haul.

    Thank you for joining in the February theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I was able to escape that! Yes, I'm extremely glad I bought it despite my misgivings. And of course! I really look forward to your themes. They're so much fun ^^

      Delete
  8. Very cool! Who said goth is only black? He/she can just shut up :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! I just prefer black for various reasons XD But thank you ^^

      Delete