Wednesday, September 18, 2013

30 Day Clothing Challenge~ Day 30: Something From Your Favorite Store

 So I may have lied about the quick update. Just a little. Turns out it's really hard to find time to blog in this trailer. Harder than I first expected. I'm still trying to figure out how my school credits transfer, and privacy is extremely hard to come by. Not to mention, my family and the dogs are constantly wanting to do things because they're restless. The good news is that we've bought a new house and we'll (hopefully) be moving into it next Friday.

I'm taking a textiles class! It's great because knowing how to sew is a skill I'll need for my future cosplay endeavors. Before this the extent of my knowledge was how to hand stitch patches on to my vest. Our first project is a hoodie so I'll let you know how that turns out!

Well it seems I'm at the end of the 30 Day Clothing Challenge. It was a lot of fun so I suppose I'll need to find a new challenge to use for filler posts (I can't be creative all the time you know). Looking at the last post, I ought to have used my White House Black Market jacket here. It's not my favorite store, but it ranks up there because it's where I like to look for more dressy items. Instead, I'll just show you this scarf I got from Target right before we left. Target can be considered a favorite store right now, not because of it's quality, but because it gives me a sense of familiarity. Everything here in Kelowna is so new, but when I walk into Target it's like I never left Florida. So it gets points for something.

Tiny trailer bathroom shot!
I need a haircut~
You can see the detail on the scarf better here.
It's all torn up and fluffy

I forgot to mention before I left that I'm planning some cosplays to follow Scarecrow (And I cannot wait to get in a house so I can work on that).  After this one is done I'll be working on a Lady Loki one. Those two, plus a genderbent Joker and Altair, are going to keep me busy for a very long time. So here's Lady Loki's makeup test! It happened a few days before the move and yes this is what I do at 3 in the morning.

Pajamas XD


I played around a lot, but I like the green lipstick (Chapstick and eyeshadow really. I tried too many shades to count). I also, think I'll stick with the green and black eyeshadow.

2 comments: